- Where can I find this state’s “stay at home” or “shelter in place” order?
- Does the state’s order provide any specific exemptions concerning aviation activities? No
- Is there any interpretive guidance available concerning aviation activities? No
- Who can I contact to request clarification or additional guidance?
Maryland Department of Transportation In-State: 410-865-1142
- Additional notes: Yes
BROADENING OF PERMITTED OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Governor Hogan has amended his Stay at Home order to broaden the list of permitted outdoor activities to now include individual and small group sports such as golfing, tennis, and similar activities; outdoor fitness instruction; recreational fishing and hunting; recreational boating; and horseback riding. Effective Thursday, May 7th.
- What other resources should I consult before deciding to fly? Check with local governments (counties, cities, etc.) for any additional restrictions.
- Pilots are reminded to carefully check all NOTAMs before flight and be alert for ATC service reductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pilots should also contact the Airport Manager prior to departure/arrival to confirm availability of services.
- AOPA cannot provide legal advice or legal opinions on State restrictions. Members are encouraged to contact the AOPA Pilot Information Center at (800) USA-AOPA for the names of AOPA Legal Services Plan Panel Attorneys licensed to practice in your state.
- AOPA recommends following all guidance provided by the CDC and state and local officials. Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 impacts to General Aviation at this AOPA web page.