... North Carolina
- Where can I find this state’s “stay at home” or “shelter in place” order?
- Does the state’s order provide any specific exemptions concerning aviation activities? No
- Is there any interpretive guidance available concerning aviation activities? No.
- Who can I contact to request clarification or additional guidance?
North Carolina Division of Aviation: (919) 814-0550
- Other resources I should consult before deciding to fly?
- Pilots are reminded to carefully check all NOTAMs before flight and be alert for ATC service reductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pilots should also contact the Airport Manager prior to departure/arrival to confirm availability of services.
- Additional airport information can be found by contacting your state department of aviation and your FAA Regional Airport District Office.
- AOPA cannot provide legal advice or legal opinions on State restrictions. Members are encouraged to contact the AOPA Pilot Information Center at (800) USA-AOPA for the names of AOPA Legal Services Plan Panel Attorneys licensed to practice in your state.
- AOPA recommends following all guidance provided by the CDC and state and local officials. Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 impacts to General Aviation at this AOPA web page.