- Where can I find this state’s “stay at home” or “shelter in place” order?
Updated information as of 6/29/20:
C:\Users\mbm1\Desktop\June 29 2020 Guam Quarantine restrictions tightened.pdf
C:\Users\mbm1\Desktop\Voluntary Quarantine Instructions NONResidents 6.5.2020-final-3.pdf
- Does the state’s order provide any specific exemptions concerning aviation activities? No. It mentions “critical infrastructure” and “public transportation” in section 2. of the Governors order below, but neither is defined or mention aviation or flight.
- Is there any interpretive guidance available concerning aviation activities? No.
- Who can I contact to request clarification or additional guidance? Office of the Governor of Guam: (671) 472-8931-6 or via email: https://governor.guam.gov/contact-us/
- What other resources should I consult before deciding to fly? Check with local governments (counties, cities, etc.) for any additional restrictions.
On March 31st, the Governor mandated that “all inbound passengers to Guam will serve a mandatory quarantine for 14 days at a Government facility.” (http://dphss.guam.gov/covid-19/)
- Pilots are reminded to carefully check all NOTAMs before flight and be alert for ATC service reductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pilots should also contact the Airport Manager prior to departure/arrival to confirm availability of services.
- Additional airport information can be found by contacting your state department of aviation and your FAA Regional Airport District Office.
- AOPA cannot provide legal advice or legal opinions on State restrictions. Members are encouraged to contact the AOPA Pilot Information Center at (800) USA-AOPA for the names of AOPA Legal Services Plan Panel Attorneys licensed to practice in your state.
- AOPA recommends following all guidance provided by the CDC and state and local officials. Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 impacts to General Aviation at this AOPA web page.