Obtaining a Canadian pilot certificate with an FAA certificate.
Answered By AOPA
I’ve been looking into getting my pilot’s certificate in Canada. I’ve heard it’s easier for pilots who already have a FAA certificate, which I do, but I haven’t found any guidance. Where can I find some information?
1 Replies
AOPA Staff Answer
The FAA and Transport Canada have a license conversion agreement that allows for easier conversions of licenses between the two aviation authorities. Transport Canada has an Advisory Circular (AC No. 401-001) https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/reference-centre/advisory-circulars/ac-401-001.html that outlines the application process and is exactly the document you’re looking for.