Foreign flight training towards an FAA certificate
Answered By AOPA
I have a friend that is a US citizen but lived abroad for several years. During this time, he took flight training from a non-FAA CFI. He’s now back in the US and is wondering if he can use that training time towards his FAA Private Pilot certificate. Can he?
1 Replies
AOPA Staff Answer
Yes, he can, provided the instructor is from an ICAO country, and is authorized to give that training by that country’s licensing authority. FAR 61.41 covers the answer to this question.