FCC requirements for flying internationaly
Answered By AOPA
I’ve heard that I need some type of radio license to fly internationally. I’ve never heard of such a thing. Is this true and where can I find more information?
1 Replies
AOPA Staff Answer
Yes, flying internationally you are required to have a Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit for yourself, and a Radio Station license for your aircraft. AOPA has a page that explains the requirements, located here https://www.aopa.org/travel/international-travel/aircraft-radio-station-licenses-and-pilot-radio-operator-certificates. The most convenient way to obtain the required licenses is to apply using the FCC’s Universal Licensing System website https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/systems-utilities/universal-licensing-system.