"Tipping the FATAL Helicopter IIMC Accident Rate Back Towards Survival" 1938
"Tipping the FATAL Helicopter IIMC Accident Rate Back Towards Survival"
Let's Have a Life Saving Discussion..... Inadvertent VFR Flight into IFR conditions, (IIMC).
Saturday, December 8, 2018, starting at 14:00 Eastern Standard Time (11:00 PST, 12:00 MST, 13:00 CST, 09:00 HST, 10:00 AKST, 12:00 Arizona, 19:00 GMT)
Helicopter Online Ground School
Visual flight rules (VFR) flights that inadvertently or intentionally enter into instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) continue to be a significant safety hazard to general aviation (GA) flights. Although loss of control (LOC) and controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) accidents by VFR pilots in IMC typically account only for a proportion of the total number of GA accidents, such occurrences account for 75% of weather related GA fatalities.
NTSB statistics show that helicopter pilots who fly VFR into IMC conditions only have a 14% chance of surviving the event.  This webinar is designed to help helicopter pilots tip this 86% fatal accident rate back in their favor.
Date & Time
Saturday December 8th, 2018 2:00pm EST
End Date & Time
Saturday December 8th, 2018 3:00pm EST
Live Online Webinar
Plymouth, IN 46563
United States
AOPA Hosted?
Webinar Recording
Lewis Vondy.pngLewis Vondy.png941 KB
Contact Person
Chief Pilot Gary Cleveland
Contact Email
Contact Phone
Category Webinars

Social Media Sharing Buttons


Event Map

Date & Time: 12/08/2018 02:00:00 PM EST