There are no Items to display.
No saved bookmarks. Click on the Bookmark link throughout the community to add bookmarks
Hello. I was told I had a 90-day deadline to submit the required info for my medical, and I just now realized I did the math wrong and the deadline to request an extension on my case was yesterday instead of tomorrow. If I call tomorrow and ask for an extension on my case, would it be too late? One of the professionals I saw said the FAA probably won't close my case anyway if they see I'm working on it, so would they have even closed my case by now at all? Thanks.
The 2021 Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners states that, “An individual may be considered for an FAA authorization of a Special Issuance (SI) or Special Consideration (SC) of a Medical Certificate (Authorization) if…”, in addition to other things, "…the applicant DOES NOT have symptoms or history of:
- Suicidal ideation
- Electro convulsive therapy
- Treatment with multiple SSRIs concurrently
- Multi-agent drug protocol use (prior use of other ...
First, Happy New Year! And thanks for providing such a platform.
I have JUST received my medical certificate after 4 months of wait time, quite happy about that, I'll finally be able to solo.
However, in the "limitations" part of the certificate is written "Must wear lenses for distant, have glasses for near visions.". The thing is, I have never had lenses or glasses, and my eyesight tests were positive when visiting my AME to kickstart the process.
Is that a normal ... more
So here I am at 68, an aged PPL/INST, with a few chronic but not severe health issues that all go with being 68 years old, and discovering on an "advisory" visit with an AME that it will likely take at least 6 months ... more
- My flight school closed down due to COVID and I haven't heard news from them that they're back yet.
- My third class medical expired in November
- I have a special issuance due to some medications I'm on
- I just had knee surgery so I don't consider myself fit to fly at the moment anyway, even if I were to get my flight physical.