There are no Items to display.
No saved bookmarks. Click on the Bookmark link throughout the community to add bookmarks
The 2021 Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners states that, “An individual may be considered for an FAA authorization of a Special Issuance (SI) or Special Consideration (SC) of a Medical Certificate (Authorization) if…”, in addition to other things, "…the applicant DOES NOT have symptoms or history of:
- Suicidal ideation
- Electro convulsive therapy
- Treatment with multiple SSRIs concurrently
- Multi-agent drug protocol use (prior use of other ...
First, Happy New Year! And thanks for providing such a platform.
I have JUST received my medical certificate after 4 months of wait time, quite happy about that, I'll finally be able to solo.
However, in the "limitations" part of the certificate is written "Must wear lenses for distant, have glasses for near visions.". The thing is, I have never had lenses or glasses, and my eyesight tests were positive when visiting my AME to kickstart the process.
Is that a normal ... more
So here I am at 68, an aged PPL/INST, with a few chronic but not severe health issues that all go with being 68 years old, and discovering on an "advisory" visit with an AME that it will likely take at least 6 months ... more
- My flight school closed down due to COVID and I haven't heard news from them that they're back yet.
- My third class medical expired in November
- I have a special issuance due to some medications I'm on
- I just had knee surgery so I don't consider myself fit to fly at the moment anyway, even if I were to get my flight physical.
I've been searching the web for quite awhile now and figured getting input from everyone here could certainly help. Ill keep this brief. My medical was denied in early March. Prior to covid I was looking at a career change. I went to the AME and had reported being admitted to the hospital for a heart condition in Jul 2019. I was cleared of any heart issues and released, however some of my medical records do indicate alcohol abuse. I was drinking a lot at the ... more